Pipe Relining Brisbane
Pipe relining is a permanent solution to fixing cracked or damaged pipes. If you have tree roots in your drain, they have inevitably found their way in through a loose joint or crack and are probably causing ongoing blocked drain issues. Specialised plumbers may offer Brisbane pipe relining solutions which are a fantastic alternative to the traditional ‘dig up’ method.
The benefits of Brisbane Pipe Relining
Perhaps you have had a plumber out to give you a quote to dig up the pipe. This is a very messy process and often not the best option if the broken pipe is under a bathroom floor or a driveway or even a beautifully established garden. This is where pipe relining can come in handy.
Aside from being highly convenient, pipe relining can offer a permanent solution to ongoing blocked drains. The design life of pipe relining products are 50 years. This method has been very popular overseas for many years and people in Australia are now seeing the benefits of ‘no dig’ relining technology.
The problem with pipe replacement or the traditional ‘dig up’ method, arises in the joints in between the new and existing pipework. Unfortunately, tree roots will eventually find their way back in the newly replaced pipe through the joints as they move and loosen over time.
How does Brisbane Pipe Relining work?
The pipe relining process begins with a CCTV camera inspection. A high-quality drain camera should be used to inspect the pipework thoroughly. This allows your plumber to assess the extent of the damage and provide you with an accurate quote, as there are many variables involved which will effect the pipe relining cost. Once the quote has been accepted, the plumber can carry out their works:
- Suitable fabric liner is soaked in a resin solution
- A bladder is inserted inside the fabric sleeve
- The fabric liner is inserted into the drain and moved into place over the cracks
- The bladder is inflated using an air compressor
- The fabric liner expands to the size of the pipe
- It is left to cure for around 4 – 6 hours
- The bladder is removed and the liner is left inside and forms the new pipework
- Cracks are now repaired and the pipe can be used straight away